April 7, 2020
- VST Campus remains closed indefinitely, including the library, with all classes taking place online.
- VST Summer School Online: Almost all courses will continue as planned, with several re-scheduled into the 2021 Summer School program. In light of global solidarity efforts to eliminate the threat of Covid-19, all courses will be taught in virtual classrooms using Zoom, which allows for easy face-to-face interactions with teachers and classmates.
Vancouver School of Theology has been using Zoom with great success with it’s growing number of distance students, and is pleased to extend this opportunity to its summer school participants. VST has been doing online education for 4 years now so our online delivery of courses is a quality learning experience.
March 24, 2020
- The VST Library will be closed until further notice as of today, Tuesday, March 24th at 5pm.
- VST Academy 2020 courses are in the process of being rescheduled. Updated dates and times will be posted to this site at a later date.
March 16, 2020
- All classes are taking place completely online.
- As of March 17, most of our staff will be working from home following UBC’s lead (https://www.ubc.ca/campus-notifications/).
- In person worship services on Tuesdays and Thursdays are cancelled together with the lunch afterwards. However, we will be having abbreviated Thursday online services that will consist of prayers, a sermon and a benediction. We will also use these virtual services, via Zoom, to make announcements that update you about relevant matters. Zoom link: https://vst.zoom.us/j/604766158
- VST library services around online resources are available by email – email@example.com or phone 604.822.9382 .
March 13, 2020
In response to the spread and impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, we are transiting to online classes effective Monday March 16, 2020. We are following the lead of UBC. The VST campus will remain open and all school operations will continue as normal, as we transition. Faculty have been informed and will be ready to deliver material online with the continued assistance of CTAs. Please find the link to Zoom for your class on the Canvas site for your course.
We will communicate further updates and decisions as they become available, especially regarding courses in which there are exams and also about graduation and summer school. At this point our plan is to go ahead with convocation and summer school. However the situation is dynamic and we will keep you informed.
You should know that as of March 13, UBC has also cancelled all on-campus and off-campus events with more than 250 people (including sporting events), whether indoors or outdoors, that are organized by students, faculty and staff. Events at the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts are also cancelled for the time being.
UBC has made clear that they are not aware of any presumptive or confirmed cases of COVID-19 among students, faculty or staff. However they understand the need to be prepared as a university and act accordingly – aligned with guidance from the Provincial Health Officer and working with the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training.
We are very grateful for your understanding and cooperation in this unprecedented situation. This is a challenging time. Your support and encouragement much appreciated.
For further information, please visit https://www.ubc.ca/campus-notifications/.