VST Financial Aid
VST offers several bursaries and scholarships as part of its generous financial aid package that can significantly help defray the cost of studies. Financial aid can be requested by students registered in VST degree or diploma programs.
Applicants are expected to supply a detailed budget as part of their application. Supplementary information may be required as part of the application in the case of certain scholarships. Bursaries of up to 50% are ordinarily available to students with demonstrated need.
Deadlines for Financial Aid Applications
- April 30th for Summer Term assistance
- September 10th for Fall Term assistance
- January 15th for Spring Term assistance
On Campus Employment
A variety of on campus jobs are available for qualified students in VST diploma and degree programs. Jobs include classroom technology assistants, library assistants, and faculty assistants. A list of available jobs and the application process will be made available to all registered students upon their request. Many students are able to cover tuition and living expenses through a combination of bursaries and employment.
For information, please email email@example.com.
Moderate Standard of Living
Moderate Standard of Living guidelines are used to determine maximum claimable expenses when applying for financial aid.
For sake of comparison, below are St. Andrew’s Hall rental cost.
- Room in shared suite (quad): $936/month
- Studio suites: $1,282/month
- 1-bedroom suite: $1,449/month
- 2-bedroom accessible suite: $2,229/month
- Families w/ children (townhouse – 2 bedroom + den): $2,048/month
All St. Andrew’s Hall fees include utilities and internet.
Apply online at https://www.standrews.edu
Other Approximate Expenses
- Utilities (if not already included in the price of rent):
- Electric, heating, water, garbage: $50 – $150/month
- Telephone: $80 approx/month
- Internet: $50 approx/month
- Food: $350/month for singles, more for family of 4 (up to $500 per month)
- BC Medical Insurance: No cost for basic medical insurance in B.C.
- Car Insurance: $1000–$1500/year
- Parking at UBC Parkade: (no parking available at VST): $4/hour, max $20/day, $10 evening rate (after 5pm)
- Study Permit (for non-Canadians): $150/permit
- Work Permit (for spouse of non-Canadians): $155/permit
It is wise to budget more money for the first month to cover any potential unexpected costs. For example, some families end up paying for temporary accommodation, renting a car to look for permanent housing, buying furniture, etc.
Bursaries & Grants
Lai Huang Bursary
This bursary is available to full time ministry-track students who come from and/or will minister in predominantly Muslim countries and who will further positive Christian-Muslim relationships. Support from this bursary fund can be used in addition to other bursary support up to the total amount of tuition for students with demonstrated financial need. Normal Financial Aid application process is to be followed.
H.R. MacMillian Clergy Grants Fund
VST manages the H.R. MacMillan fund for the Continuing Education of Clergy.
Please review the fund policy and application form for more information.
Continuing Education Bursaries
Lay people wishing to audit a VST Continuing Education course or workshop can apply for a tuition bursary of up to 25% of the tuition fees, to a maximum of $100.
Short-Term Housing Bursary
VST offers financial housing assistance to students who enroll in any of the following course formats:
- January Intensives
- Weekend Series
- Student Orientation
- VST Summer School (maximum of 14 days or 3 consecutive weekends, one time per academic year) offered at VST’s Vancouver location only.
- Maximum reimbursement available for 50% of housing cost.
Please note that confirmations are required from your Director of Denominational Formation and the Registrar. Please see Terms and Policies on the application form – Forms page.