Beginning on July 12th, in order to register for a class at Vancouver School of Theology students must have a student account on VST’s student management system, Populi. Those who are not current VST students must first request access to VST’s Student Portal and meet certain requirements for registration.
All students registering for degree credit should do so by the following dates:
- Summer Term: March 15 – June 15th
- Fall Term: June 15 – August 31st
- January Interterm: October 15 – December 15th
- Spring Term: October 15 – January 15th
Students Auditing a course can register up until the 1st day of term.
Students must be registered before attending classes. Please note: courses with low registration numbers may be cancelled. Some courses may have maximum enrolment limits. Please register as early to avoid disappointment.
Students are not permitted to register if they:
- Have unpaid library fines or books not returned or renewed by stated deadlines
- Have an outstanding balance on their Student Account
- Have taken 18 credit hours of study without being admitted to a diploma or degree program of the School
Payment Due Dates
Once registered, students are responsible for all tuition and fees payable.
Students may make payments by credit card (through Populi), Interac e-transfer or by post-dated cheques. Note: A maximum of $750 can be paid in cash per semester.
- August 31: $700 fees and tuition deposit due
- October 15: First half of Fall tuition due
- November 5: Balance due
January Interterm & Spring Term
- December 15th: Fees and tuition deposit due
- February 15: First half of Spring tuition due
- March 10: Balance due
- $250 deposit at time of registration
- June 15: Balance due
UBC Campus Wide Login & CANVAS
All VST students need a UBC Campus Wide Login (CWL) account. The CWL system provides access to many of UBC’s online systems, such as the Student Service Centre, and Canvas. Your CWL provides access to VST’s online platform, which is central to class participation whether or not you are registered as a Distance student. A CWL account is required to access course information and Zoom links for classes.
Clinical Pastoral Education only students do not require a CWL account.
Setting up your Campus Wide Login
- Find your UBC Affiliate number on your UBCcard
- Open the CWL Website: www.cwl.ubc.ca
- Click: Getting Started/Create a CWL Account; follow prompts & select “Affiliate” from the list of CWL options
- Enter your information and select a CWL Username and Password
Note: Your default affiliate password is your birthdate in YYMMDD format
- Authenticate your CWL for CANVAS at www.canvas.ubc.ca
- Write your CWL Username on your VST Registration Form
If you do not have a UBC card, please contact Margaret Trim for information about your UBC Affiliate number.
In order to register for a directed study, students must submit a completed Course Agreement Form at the time of registration or before the add/drop deadline each term. Read carefully the policies for Directed Studies before proceeding, found in Section C.5.ii of the Student Handbook.
The Course Agreement Form can be found on the Forms page.
Students who are not citizens or permanent residents of Canada are required by law to obtain a Study Permit in order to take courses at Vancouver School of Theology.
For changes to registration, after it has been processed, please see Tuition & Fees.