To register for a class at Vancouver School of Theology students must have a student account on VST’s student management system, Populi. Those who are not current VST students must first request access to VST’s Student Portal and meet certain requirements for registration.
All students registering for degree credit should do so by the following dates:
- Summer Term: Mar 15 – June 15
- Fall Term: May 15 – August 31
- January Interterm: October 15 – December 15
- Spring Term: October 15 – January 15
Students Auditing a course can register up until the 1st day of term.
Students must be registered before attending classes. Please note: courses with low registration numbers may be cancelled. Some courses may have maximum enrolment limits. Please register as early to avoid disappointment.
Students are not permitted to register if they:
- Have unpaid library fines or books not returned or renewed by stated deadlines
- Have an outstanding balance on their Student Account
- Have taken 18 credit hours of study without being admitted to a diploma or degree program of the School
Payment Due Dates
Once registered, students are responsible for all tuition and fees payable.
Students may make payments by credit card (through their Student Portal), Interac e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post-dated cheques. International students can also pay via Flywire: www.flywire.com Note: A maximum of $750 can be paid in cash per semester.
- August 31: $700 fees and tuition deposit due
- October 15: First half of Fall tuition due
- November 5: Balance due
January Interterm & Spring Term
- December 15th: Fees and tuition deposit due
- 1st day of January Interterm: Interterm tuition due
- February 15: First half of Spring tuition due
- March 10: Balance due
- $250 deposit at time of registration
- June 15: Balance due
Populi & UBC Campus Wide Login
All VST students will be provided with a Populi account at the start of their time at the school. This student portal allows you to manage your academic life while at VST, and is central to class participation, whether or not you are registered as a Distance student.
Additionally, VST students will require a free UBC Campus Wide Login (CWL) account to access the majority of UBC’s online systems, such as the Student Service Centre, and the campus-wide guest Wi-Fi.
Setting up your Campus Wide Login
- Find your UBC Affiliate number on your UBCcard
- Open the CWL Website: www.cwl.ubc.ca
- Click: Getting Started/Create a CWL Account; follow prompts & select “Affiliate” from the list of CWL options
- Enter your information and select a CWL Username and Password
Note: Your default affiliate password is your birthdate in YYMMDD format
- Authenticate your CWL for CANVAS at www.canvas.ubc.ca
- Write your CWL Username on your VST Registration Form
If you do not have a UBC card, please contact Admissions for information about your UBC Affiliate number.
In order to register for a directed study, students must submit a completed Course Agreement Form at the time of registration or before the add/drop deadline each term. Read carefully the policies for Directed Studies before proceeding, found in Section C.5.ii of the Student Handbook.
The Course Agreement Form can be found on the Forms page.
Students who are not citizens or permanent residents of Canada are required by law to obtain a Study Permit in order to take courses at Vancouver School of Theology on the Vancouver campus. (Distance students remaining in their home countries do not need a study permit)
For changes to registration, after it has been processed, please see Tuition & Fees.