Tuition & Fees
- Basic Rate: $281.00 per credit hour
(Diplomas, MDiv, MA, MATS)
- Advanced Rate: $408.00 per credit hour
- Certificate Rate: $192.00 per credit hour
- Auditing Rate: $141.00 per credit hour
International and Domestic tuition rates are the same
- 50% reduction in Certificate, Diploma, and Degree tuition (one course/term):
Seniors (65+), VST faculty & staff
- 50% reduction in Auditing tuition (one course/term):
Seniors (65+), full-time VST students, spouses/partners of VST full-time students, VST faculty, staff & board members, VST alumni
Fall and Spring Terms only.
Eligible for one course per term.
- Rate: $141.00 per credit hour
Lay people wishing to audit a VST Continuing Education course or workshop can apply for a tuition bursary of up to 25% of the tuition fees, to a maximum of $100. Ordained clergy can apply for a Continuing Education bursary through the HR MacMillan Fund. For more information please visit Financial Aid.
- Maintenance: $350.00 (charged only when student is active in completing program requirements but not otherwise enrolled in additional coursework)
- Thesis or Comprehensive Exam Fee: $200.00 (charged in the term in which a student is submitting their final thesis, or writing comprehensive exams)
- Registration and Technology Fee: $15/credit hour of registration
- VST Students’ Association: $20/term
- Graduation Fee:$100
(charged in the Spring term of graduation)
UBC Fees (Non-Refundable)
UBC Alma Mater Society (UBC AMS) Fees
The UBC Alma Mater Society is a student-run organization that provides services, support, and resources.
- Membership: $104.57 (Fall); $104.56 (Spring)
- Health and Dental Plan
12 months: $264.63
Jan to Aug: $176.43
- UPass: $173.40 per term
All VST Students enrolled in 3 or more credit hours, and living in the GVRD will be assessed UBC fees, including those choosing to take their course(s) via Zoom. Only distance students not living in the GVRD, and those enrolled only in Clinical Pastoral Education are exempt.
Basic Medical Insurance
Students must show adequate hospital and medical insurance coverage has been obtained upon registration. Students not already covered, or students from outside of British Columbia, should obtain information from the BC Medical Services Plan office.
In exceptional cases when a student is unable to pay tuition and fees by the date on which they are due (typically the end of the 4th week of each term) the student will:
- Discuss their inability to meet the payment deadline with the Dean or Director of the ISP;
- Receive permission from the Dean or Director of the ISP to delay full payment, and agree upon a payment schedule;
- Provide the Accounting office with a credit-card number or, in cases where the student does not have a credit card, with post-dated cheques.
Fee Refunds & Withdrawals
Withdrawal from some portion of the program may result in the reassessment of charges and a partial refund. Any refund is calculated from the day the Registrar’s Office receives in writing from the student notification of withdrawal from their course or program, OR when the student self-withdraws from VST’s Populi student management system (whichever comes first).
Fall and Spring Terms
Tuition and fee refunds will be made on the following basis when notification is received:
- 100% is refunded during the first two weeks of classes;
- 60% is refunded during the third and fourth weeks of classes;
- 40% is refunded during the fifth and sixth weeks of classes;
- 20% is refunded during the seventh and eighth weeks of classes;
- After the eighth week of classes, no refund can be given.
Note: Refunds of UBC fees may not be available after classes begin
January Interterm Intensives
January Interterm refunds will be made on the following basis when notification is received:
- 100% is refunded prior to the 1st day of classes
- 80% is refunded by the end of the first day of class;
- 40% is refunded by the end of the second day of class;
- 20% is refunded by the end of the third day of class;
- After the third day of class, no refund can be given.
Summer Term Intensives
Summer Term refunds will be made on the following basis
- 100% is refunded prior to the 1st day of classes;
- 80% is refunded by the end of the first day of classes;
- 40% is refunded by the end of the second day of classes;
- 20% is refunded by the end of the third day of classes;
- After the 3rd day of class, no refund can be given.
Withdrawal from one-day (non-credit) Workshops
If withdrawal notification is received by the Registrar prior to the event, a full refund will be given, minus a $25 administration fee.