VST Summer School
July 5th to 16th, 2021
Vancouver School of Theology is pleased to announce its plans for July summer school online programming. All courses will be taught in virtual classrooms using Zoom, which allows for easy face-to-face interactions with teachers and classmates.
Vancouver School of Theology has been using Zoom with great success with it’s growing number of distance students, and is pleased to extend this opportunity to its summer school participants.
Registration for VST Summer School 2021 is now closed.
Audit & Certificate Tuition
Regular Registration: $270/course
For Continuing Education Certificate credit, tuition is an additional $75/course.
Registration is closed.
Degree tuition follows the regular tuition rates set for the 2020-2021 academic year. Each 15-hour class earns 1.5 degree credit hours. Do not register online if you need degree credit.
Please contact the VST Registrar to register for degree credit.
Summer School Information
- Summer courses are open to all interested participants. There are no prerequisites or theological training needed to audit a course. Auditors attend and participate in the course but are not required to submit any assignments for grading. It is our hope that all summer school students will be able to participate in real-time in the virtual classrooms, although an asynchronous option for auditors is available if necessary. All degree and certificate students are required to be synchronous.
Equipment Requirements for Synchronous Distance Learning
- A relatively recent laptop, desktop, or mobile device (smartphone or tablet)
- If using a desktop computer, an external webcam will most likely be required.
- A headset with built-in microphone, or a pair of headphones and your device’s built-in microphone (i.e. laptop mic). Headphones are required for the best audio experience.
Continuing Education Certificate Credit
If reading and writing help you engage more deeply with course material, you may want to consider taking a class for Continuing Education Certificate credit. Work expectations include preparation and reading before the start of the course with a graded reflection paper following.
Most Summer School courses are also available for 1.5 credits of either basic or advanced graduate degree credit. If you are interested in taking a course for degree credit towards your VST degree program, or to transfer into a comparable theological degrees elsewhere, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Do not register online.)
Course Outlines & Required Readings
Course outlines and required reading texts will be posted online as they arrive (likely by end of April). Please refer to each individual course above to find course outlines and required reading.
Please make your own arrangements for acquisition of the Required Texts for your course through your local bookstores. Online bookstores such as Indigo.ca or Amazon.ca have competitive prices with fast shipping to your neighbourhood.
The H.R. MacMillan Fund for Clergy Continuing Education provides funding for Clergy continuing education in British Columbia, or for any clergy person taking courses at Vancouver School of Theology.
In the event of low registrations, some courses may be cancelled. Please register early to avoid disappointment. Information on course cancellation will be available on our website in early June. If VST has to cancel a course, you will be given a full refund.
If you withdraw from a course, notification must be received in writing to the Registrar by the dates below, in all cases $25/course will be non-refundable. Of the remaining fees, the following are refunded depending on the date of withdrawal:
• 100% refunded if notification received 7 days prior to the 1st day of classes;
• 80% refunded if notification received between 7 days and the 1st day of classes;
• 40% refunded if notification received by the 2nd day of classes;
• After the 2nd day of classes, no refund can be given