VST’s Educational Objective
VST is called to educate and form thoughtful, engaged, and generous Christian leaders together with friends of other faith and cultural traditions.
Our Theological Foundations
- God calls a people from the world to be a blessing for all creation.
- The God revealed in the history of Israel and in Jesus Christ calls us to think together with tradition for the sake of the present and the future.
- We meet God’s image in our neighbour and in all creation.
Our Curricular Goals
- Faithful discernment of the demands of Christian service
- Rigorous engagement with Christian tradition and contemporary learning
- Hospitable and respectful collaboration with Indigenous spiritualities and other cultural and faith traditions for the good of all creation.
Our Educational Community Commits To
- Theological education and formation (theological, biblical, pastoral, ethical, liturgical, historical, indigenous and inter-religious) for the flourishing of God’s people
- Inspiring discerning Christian discipleship within and outside of the community
- Respect for the dignity of every person
- Learning and scholarship undertaken with diligence and openness
- Encouraging prophetic speech and just action for the love and welfare of creation
The Vancouver School of Theology is accredited by The Association of Theological Schools in The United States and Canada (ATS).
VST has also been approved for the Educational Quality Assurance designation by the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education and is a Designated Learning Institution. VST’s Designated Learning Institution Number is O19407411913.