ACCESSING YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNT
- To view your library account, you will need a user id and password.
- The barcode at the back of your library card is your user id.
- To obtain a password, go to the Theolog landing page and click on the Set/Reset Password under the search box.
- Enter your library barcode in the box when prompted.
- You will then receive an email with instructions for creating a new password. You will then have 24 hours to activate your account.
RENEWING AN ITEM
- You can renew your items online through your library account; you can also email the Circulation Desk (email@example.com), call (604.822.9382), or visit the library.
- If you do not have an online library account, you can create one by following the instructions in the section above.
- Once you have your password, go to the Theolog landing page and click My Account under the search box.
- You will see the items you have checked out with a Renew button next to each.
- Click on the button alongside the title of the book to renew the book.
- Holds can only be placed by library staff and only on items that are checked out.
- If you would like to place a hold on an item that has been checked out, please email the Circulation Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org), call us (604.822.9382), or visit the library.
- If the requested item is required for reserves or has gone missing, you will receive an email informing you of this and the hold will be dropped.
- Once a hold becomes available, you will receive an email notifying you that the item is available at the Circulation Desk.
- Items held by VST can only be picked up at the VST library; holds cannot be routed to our partner libraries.
- The hold will be kept at the Circulation Desk for seven days.
- If it is not picked up within a week, the item will be re-shelved and available for general use. You will be sent an email informing you that the hold has expired and the item has been re-shelved.