Joining the Library
Current students, staff, faculty, alumni, and emeriti of the Vancouver School of Theology can obtain a library card without charge. Free borrowing is also available to clergy and active members of our sponsoring churches: the Anglican Church of Canada, the Presbyterian Church in Canada, and the United Church of Canada.
Current students, staff and faculty of the following universities may also procure a library card without charge:
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- Trinity Western University
Current students, staff and faculty at the following theological colleges may use their institution’s library card to borrow items from the H.R. MacMillan Library:
- Carey Theological College
- Regent College
- St. Mark’s College
Members of the wider community are most welcome to use the library’s resources onsite. Those who wish to borrow materials may purchase a library card. The cost of an external borrower’s library card is $25 for four months or $75 for twelve months.
Please visit the Circulation Desk at the library to receive your library card. The barcode number on your library card is your access number; it is required for all library transactions. Please note that the Circulation Desk closes five minutes before the library closing.
Your responsibilities as a borrower are to:
- Return or renew items promptly. You can renew your items online using your library account (see My Account) or by emailing the Circulation Desk ([email protected]), calling (604.822.9382), or visiting the library in person.
- Treat all materials with care – there will be a charge for lost or damaged items.
- Ensure the library receives timely updates to your contact information.
Library staff provide assistance to users. If you need help using computers, finding information, or locating a particular book or article, please do not hesitate to ask any member of staff.