Joining the Library
Students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the Vancouver School of Theology can obtain a library card without charge. Free borrowing is also available to clergy and active members of our sponsoring churches: the Anglican Church of Canada, the Presbyterian Church in Canada, and the United Church of Canada.
Students, faculty, and staff of the following institutions may also procure a library card without charge:
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- Trinity Western University
- Regent College
St. Mark’s students, faculty, and staff may use their library cards to borrow items from the H.R. MacMillan Library.
Members of the wider community are welcome to use the library’s resources onsite. Those who wish to borrow materials may purchase an external borrower’s library card ($25 for four months or $75 for twelve months).
Please visit the Circulation Desk at the library to receive your library card. The barcode number on your library card is your access number; it is required for all library transactions. Please note that the Circulation Desk closes five minutes before the library closing.
Your responsibilities as a borrower are to:
- Return or renew items promptly. You can renew your items online through your library account (see My Account), by emailing the Circulation Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org), by calling (604.822.9382), or by visiting the library in person.
- Treat all materials with care – there will be a charge for lost or damaged items.
- Ensure the library receives timely updates to your contact information.
Library staff provide assistance to users. If you need help using computers, finding information, or locating a particular book or article, please do not hesitate to ask any member of staff.