COVID-19 Updates and Information
As of March 10, 2021, VST was advised by the Ministry of Advanced Education to prepare for a full return to on-campus teaching and learning in September 2021. The full statement can be found here.
The Vancouver School of Theology (VST) is committed to the health and safety of is students, employees and visitors. The campus remains closed until further notice and all classes and events are being held online. Most faculty and staff are working from home.
Anyone wishing to meet in person on campus must book an appointment ahead of time with that individual.
Health & Safety
- Before entering the building, all faculty, staff, students, and visitors must perform a daily COVID-19 health check before being permitted to access the building. This is a daily requirement.
- All individuals accessing the building must report to the front desk upon arrival and confirm they have passed the daily health check and sanitize their hands. Name, contact information, purpose of visit, time and duration in building will be recorded for contact tracing purposes.
- If you are feeling ill, do not enter the building. Stay home and use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool or follow any public health advice you have been given.
- When in a VST building:
- Masks are required at all times (unless alone in an office)
- Maintain proper social distancing
- Sanitize or wash your hands regularly
- Follow signage that is posted throughout the buildings
COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan
- To minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, a comprehensive Exposure Control Plan has been created. This document outlines in details the responsibilities of both VST, its staff, and an its community of students and visitors. The plan also includes procedures and practices that will service to greatly reduce the potential for infectious spread. A copy of the plan can be found here: COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan
- Questions may be directed to VST’s Occupational Health and Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VST has an application in process to the Government of Canada for approval to be included in the Government’s list of Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) with approved COVID-19 Readiness Plans. Please note that VST is not yet on the DLI list. If VST’s application is successful, VST’s international students with a study permit will be permitted to enter Canada for the Fall 2021 term. Please read critical details below pertaining to travel in Canada during COVID, as well as managing your quarantine upon arrival.
- Travelling during COVID-19
- Managing your quarantine